Sunday, August 28, 2011

Classes Begin

Classes began on the 22nd this week. I'm officially a graduate student! It's weird though, it doesn't yet feel like it. I'm taking classes, just like I did as a senior. I'm teaching labs... just like I did as a senior. It feels more like a continuation of everything I did in undergraduate, just slightly harder, rather than a completely new experience. Is this how it's supposed to go? Maybe the "I'm a graduate student" feeling will catch up to me when I find a research adviser and begin work on my thesis.

In other news, since everyone's back in town, all of the gaming stuff is starting back up again. Last week I hung out with a bunch of old friends from SPS (Society of Physics Students) and played Twilight Imperium. We played for about 10 hours, which included an hour of going over the rules and about half an hour for a dinner break. It looks like a super complex game right when you're starting, but after a while the rules click and you're able to go through turns much faster; part of the reason we played so long was because several of us were first-timers. Also, no one was taking the objective to end the game, so we just kept building armies. Still, very fun. I recommend checking it out if you can get the group and the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment